On 18-sep-2006, at 8:38, Winston Wu wrote:

Hi all,
I'm wondering if any has a good pointer for how to write Python extension of C++ in Maemo. What I want to do is pretty similar to what's described in this discussion: http://www.velocityreviews.com/ forums/t353864-calling-c-function-from-python-script.html. The problem for me is that it requires SWIG wrapper library, which I don't know how to make it work with Maemo. Is there another wrapper that works with Maemo?

I think you can pre-generate the wrappers on any platform, then you only need to compile them for Maemo. The same is probably true for other wrapper generators such as sip. I know it's true for my own bgen wrapper generator, but as the C++ support isn't ready for prime time yet I won't offer it as an alternative:-)
--
Jack Jansen, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack