On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 14:00 +0300, Dionysis Petromanolakis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i m trying to install version 1.9.6 of automake in maemo but i cannot
> do it for some reason.
>
> First i downloaded version 1.9.6 from the web. I extracted it to a
> folder and then i logged in to scratchbox. I went to the root
> directory of automake-1.9.6 (through scratchbox) and i run the
> following commands. 1. ./configure 2. make 3. make install.
> Then i run the command automake --version and i see that the automake
> version is still the preinstalled 1.8.5 instead of the one that i just
> installed. I did the same thing for the linux platform (outside
> scratchbox) and it worked fine.
>
> What i m doing wrong? Does anyone have any idea?

Hi,

I think you are doing nothing wrong, but Scratchbox has a override
mechanism for using host side tools when ever those are available.

You can use SBOX_REDIRECT_IGNORE to switch this off so that your binary
will be used.

I hope this example will enlighten this a bit:

[sbox-SDK_ARM: ~] > /usr/bin/dpkg --version
Debian `dpkg' package management program version 1.13.18 (i386).
This is free software; see the GNU General Public License version 2 or
later for copying conditions. There is NO warranty.
See dpkg --license for copyright and license details.
[sbox-SDK_ARM: ~] > export SBOX_REDIRECT_IGNORE=/usr/bin/dpkg
[sbox-SDK_ARM: ~] > /usr/bin/dpkg --version
Debian GNU/Linux `dpkg' package management program version 1.13.13
(armel).
This is free software; see the GNU General Public Licence version 2 or
later for copying conditions.  There is NO warranty.
See dpkg --licence for copyright and license details.

First you will use actually host side dpkg from scratchbox even though
you are inside armel target. When redirect ignore is set it will execute
the actual armel binary.

--
Miko Nieminen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>