On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:20:10 +0300 Eero Tamminen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I was able to get "Osso Xterm" from the repository listed there
> > installed, I  had trouble with "Osso Xterm (advanced)" though I don't
> > remember any more if it was a dependency problem or the "Unable to
> > install.  Incompatible package".
>
> Usually it seems to say "Incompatible package" if the package
> "Section" is something else than "user".

I would also try to look for error messages in the log window.

> Those packages you
> can install from the command line with "dpkg -i".

Or by enabling the "red pill" mode in the application manager, according to
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationManagerRedPillMode

> If the package has dependencies not present on the device
> you need repository that contains those dependencies.

Marius Gedminas
--
America and England are two countries separated by a common language.