Sascha Heid wrote:
Hi!

I tried your kernel with my 1GB extremetech and 2GB Kingston. No
problems so far and twice the speed (will try 4x later today).

Sounds good :-)

this will
certainly become of even greater value when we will be able to use the
mmc as root :-)

Yes, unfortunately current USB mass storage functionality seems to use only USB 1 speed so transfer over USB still has ~800KB/s limit. I wonder why USB 2.0 is not used. It is mentioned in N770 specs http://europe.nokia.com/A4145105 and OMAP 1710 should support USB OTG (which is IMO superset of USB 2.0 specifications). Yet when usb cable is inserted kernel says something about full speed config. Unfortunately full speed is 12Mbps USB 1.1 speed. USB 2.0 is called high speed.

But at least scp or ftp over wi-fi to card should be a bit faster now. Otherwise it is not very useful unless you have lots of data on MMC or boot from it (which I do).

Frantisek