On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 03:44:45PM +0300, ext Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 14:36:24 +0300, ext Kimmo H?m?l?inen wrote:
>
> I consider those two serve different purposes, ChangeLog (as in upstream)
> explains in detail up to the function and variable level what has been
> changed. And debian/changelog describes the packaging changes, and a
> summary of upstream changes if it's native package.

Also, consider that your release might one day land in a tar.gz file,
without any .svn record or server access. Or the module might be
migrated to another server/revision control system.

ChangeLog is an established standard, I don't see a reason to break that
standard. Even if it's not usefull for you, consider that it might be
usefull for other X people.

On a side note, I think we should work as close as possible (and that
includes work methodology) to open-source upstream standards. Our
osso-specific workflow bits (ie. debian packaging, the way releases are
being rolled out) should be considered as a second layer that might
change any day.

Michael