Any news on this ?
Or a how to get started on adding g711 support ?

Thanks

Fred

Frédéric Crozat wrote:
Le dimanche 27 août 2006 à 11:24 +0200, Jorge Salamero Sanz a écrit :
On Sunday 27 August 2006 11:18, Frédéric Crozat wrote:
I need to get it working with my SIP provider, but it doesn't seem that
easy :(
with voipbuster is pretty easy:

sofsip_cli sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED] --media-impl=fsgst
r (to register)
k your_passwd (to auth)
i sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (the phone)

Well, I want to use my ISP (Free.fr) SIP platform, which allows me to
call anywhere in France and various countries for free, as if I was
calling from home.

They only support g711 vocodeur ATM (because they are using Cirpack PBX)
and their cirpack server is also sending dummy "ping" packet (see
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-May/021033.html for
more info on this, it would be nice to integrate a similar fix in
Sofia-SIP).