On ons, 2006-10-25 at 17:44 +0200, ext Koen Kooi wrote:

> David Weinehall schreef:
> >> That presupposes there *is* another official release planned. Until we know
> >> that, how can we offer to help?
> >
> > If the fact that marius.volmer @ *** nokia.com *** wrote:
> >
> > "and 4.22.1 will be in the next maintenance release of IT 2006."
> > doesn't indicated that another official release is planned from your
> > point of view, you live in a very twisted world indeed.
>
> No, we are just used to people from nokia saying 'a' and doing 'b'. Remember
> the clock
> framework discussion?

Uhm, no, but I do remember a discussion about an alarm framework, and
it's still worked on.  Most of the quirks have been twisted out now;
it's almost functional, and our legal department is checking it at the
moment.

(Oh, actually, there is a clock framework too, but that's part of the
kernel and has been accepted upstream to the best of my knowledge...)

> And smartass replies from an @nokia.com address aren't creating a lot of
> community
> goodwill either.

Well, smartass replies from @dominion.kabel.utwente.nl doesn't do much