Andrew Barr wrote:
On Monday 30 October 2006 14:19, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
As I was one of the interested parties in that conversation, thanks
for the reply, Stefan .
I hope this means that it can be fixed with a firmware update rather
than a hardware update. If this is the case, I also hope that it will
be increased in future N770 OS releases.

Yes, I would be interested if this is a result of actual hardware limitations or some hard-coded (or otherwise) limit in one of the binary blobs for the DSP.

The limit is certainly in the blobs. On the hardware side, the DSP is
connected to an AIC23 codec which can stand more than 8kHz without
problem, and the DSP has far enough computing power to use high sample
rates.

The solution is to develop alternative DSP software, which I have
started to do in order to support Ogg Vorbis but it can be useful to fix
this issue as well.