On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 05:11:26PM -0500, Andrew Barr wrote:
> Is there documentation somewhere on using OBEX servers on the Nokia 770? I
> have installed sobexsrv and am having difficulties connecting to the device
> from my laptop. There doesn't seem to be any documentation on the Maemo wiki
> for this usage mode.

I got this to work once: running sobexsrv on the 770 and using
gnome-obex-send to push files to it from my laptop.

It was kinda tricky.  I had to modify the example Python script
distributed with sobexsrv.  I sent my modifications to the author, and
I'm pretty sure sobexsrv should now work out of the box, if you can
figure out the command line.

Note that, last time I checked, installing sobexsrv didn't start the
server itself; you had to start it manually from xterm.

Marius Gedminas
--
I code in vi because I don't want to learn another OS. :)
                -- Robert Love