Fantastic I'll give just doing the modules a go and patching the source properly. (I take it no Nokia specific changes get messed up with the patch.... so why haven't they release the code yet, surely they don't need lawyers for minor updates to source code).

Every time I tried using make it always gave me errors and didn't work, it only worked with dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us -sa -d . Ift you typed make, then tried the dpkg-buildpackage if didn't work either.

I assumed it was something weird about scratchbox - what is dpkg-buildpackage anyway I have not come across it before, something about scratchbox or more general debian?

Your instructions are certainly different from the things I tried, so no doubt will work like a dream :-)

Regards
Simon