On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 09:29 -0800, ext George Farris wrote:
> Well from the web page in the link:
>
> Note: It appears that, due to limitations in Nokia's current Bluetooth
> driver on the 770, you can not actually use a bluetooth headset.
> Everything will appear to work, except that you won't get any audio out:
> [WWW]http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2005-December/002191.html
>
> Please provide a working driver for bluetooth audio, both in and out.

I'm probably just thick, but are you asking
      * (when) are we going to ship a product (device and/or firmware)
        with bluetooth audio working out of the box?
      * (when) are we going to ship a product (device and/or firmware)
        with the necessary drivers for someone else to implement
        bluetooth headset support?
      * (when) are we going to document how someone else could implement
        some driver?
      * something else?

It would be much more clear and easy to pass around a mail stating
something like "I want to do $this, and the easiest way to do that would
be $x. But I can not do that because the 770 does not support $y and
Nokia being the only one with the sources/documentation/whatnot is the
only one in position to implement it. Another option would be to $z
(rewriting the kernel) but that would be just too much for me. So is
Nokia going to do something about $y?"

Or something like that. I hope you get the idea.

--
Tommi Komulainen                            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>