I would guess that this is for the forthcoming 870 (?) device that
actually includes a plug for a headset.  Having the ability to sense
headset presence would be natural, and the codec register name sounds
reasonable for a wired headset too.

Larry

> Please also include working Bluetooth headset support or lack there of.
> http://maemo.org/maemowiki/BluetoothHeadset

This might be related.  The new kernel includes something that can
detect a headset connected to Retu/Vilma (which appears to be a nokia
custom ASIC).  I just took a really quick look at the code and it frobs
some registers called RETU_REG_AUDTXR but they use magic constants (bad
coder, no beer for you) for the value so I don't know exactly what it's
doing.  The register they're poking is commented as the "Audio Codec Tx
register" though.

It might be bluetooth or it might be something else.  You might have to
poke a /dev file first.  I'll take another look at the code when I have
time.  Or someone with a bluetooth headset could just try it...

.mike