Personal opinion (not Nokia's):

As a general rule - depends. If package is made the usual way where the
runtime dependencies are determined during package built then most
likely no.

I personally will not use scirocco for package building because the
packages I build would have such dependencies that would prevent the
users of original IT-2006 from using it -  and that is really bad.

In my case I could hack around it by hand-writing the dependencies so
that they suit both scirocco and mistral (and herring and sardine too).
When I build my projects on mistral they just install and work fine on
scirocco, herring and sardine. And that's what application development
should be about, imho.

Br,

--jakub