Kimmo Hämäläinen wrote:

I verified this from one of the relevant developers: indeed, we don't
have permission to publish the coldflashing code. Also, there may be a
lack of interest to reveal the protocol in general.

Well, could you at leash kick the windows flasher team to make advanced flasher like the linux or macos one? Thank you. See also
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/maemo/developers/4409?search_string=windows%20flasher%20;#4409

It would help people with windows based machines using colinux or qemu for development. While I have both kernel and initfs flasher running on device now I'm still missing functionality like
- load kernel to ram
- set various flags

Or better really release the protocol or flasher source with coldflashing code removed. 'lack of interest to reveal the protocol' seems like no showstopper. Or is it?

Thanks.

Frantisek