On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 20:21 +0100, Frantisek Dufka wrote:
> Charles 'Buck' Krasic wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think it would be nice if in addition to a rootfs, there is a kernel
> > that includes some of the extras that are useful for developers.   The
> > main example I am thinking of is NFS client support, so that the
> > scratchbox CPU transparency feature is easier to setup (I think it was
> > this way in Maemo 1.x, but I am not sure).
> >
> > - -- Buck
>
> Could be solved by packaging additional modules, Familiar did this, you
> can have kernel-modules-nfs package etc. Would be nice to have most
> modules packaged like this and have depmod/modprobe on device working.
> I'd vote against various precompiled kernels with different combinations
> if it can be solved by modules.

Binary package for NFS client modules were there in the maemo 2.0, but
that packages was more or less dirty hack. I think it would be nice if
someone could write instructions how to create this kind of binary
packages.

I quickly checked and module-assistant might provide way to create these
binary module packages, but I didn't have time to play around with it to
test it really. Does anyone know if that could be the tool for this?

Sincerely,
--
Miko Nieminen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>