Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Yes, the wlan driver comes with the rootfs and so you can get sound
working by using binary files from the production image. But the
question was actually more about license issues, the freedom of the
software. Is it binary only or is the source available? Can you use it
for any purpose? And can you copy and redistribute (modfied) versions?

Arno