On 12/7/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Did Canola change any watchdog settings or something like this?

NO, we don't.

Canola doesn't change anything except:
- starts avahi
- starts canola-conf
- uses dbus
- install gconf schemas for /apps/canola/ and /apps/canola-conf/

Or Am I dealing here with a corrupt filesystem / ram or swap partition?

I can't tell you for sure. Could you check output from "dmesg"? If it
shows something weird, you better check that.

You can turn off swap with:

   swapoff /media/mmc1/.swap

As soon as I quit the mail client or the webbrowser I am able to launch xterm

Weird... weird! :-(

I am looking forward to updates and new Canola features! Maybe I should just
reflash my n770 with itos 2006 39-14.

I would do that, since scirocco is really good IMHO.

But please help us find the reason to this problem first, if you
re-flash we won't be able to find a possible bug somewhere in canola
or maemo :-/

Thanks again! And greetings from Germany (experiencing the warmest December
ever!)

Oh god, here in Recife we're almost toasting while walking 10min on
the streets! :-)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri