ext Fred Lefévère-Laaoide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> whenever I try apt-get update (from the command line or through the
> Application Manager) I get a
> Connecapt-get: Symbol lookup error :
> /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.3.10: undefined symbol: _ZN11Globa

That looks more like some kind of file corruption to me since the
symbol name is not complete.  Or did you truncate the error message
somehow?

> any idea of what recent update could have updated this lib ?

What repositories do you use?

> What version do you have ?
> Any idea on how I could get out of this ?

Try to install the "apt" package again with dpkg.  That is, download
it from mistral or scirocco directly, and use "dpkg --install ..." to
install it.

(I would have to do some digging to tell you the exact version numbers
you should be using...)