Hey!
  Oh! i haven't been living in espoo myself (although on the border
area) but afaik, it's a nice place to live espcially if you have a
car. At least i would prefer to live somewhere in Helsinki if my
office is in Helsinki since i don't have a car. Two reasons:

1. It's easier and faster to travel to/from your work and
2. It's much cheaper to buy a ticket for the whole month or more
altogether rather than buying it each time you travel but the regional
ticket (which covers the areas around helsinki as well) is almost
double the price so you don't save anything.

 Besides that, I have friends living in espoo and they are very happy
there. Hope this helps.