Hi,

>> http://maemo.org/platform/docs/api/libosso/html/index.html
>>
>> You can register a callback with osso_hw_set_event_cb, set the
>> system_inactivity_ind flag in the osso_hw_state_t argument.
>
> Will this callback be called even without processing gtk/glib loop?
> If not is there other way how to check for blanked display e.g. from SDL
> app? How SDL games shipped with device do that?

I think the app loses focus when the screen is blanked.
So, the SDL app could catch screen focus events and do
some additional checks when that happens.  Can the device
state be checked e.g. from some file on the filesystem
(it would be better if SDL apps wouldn't need to use/link
D-BUS)?

Whether app is top one can be checked from a Matchbox
maintained (root?) window X property I think.

Or SDL app could always pause when it loses focus...

        - Eero