In a recent posting to maemo-users Andrew Flegg mentioned his Maemo Unofficial
Debs project (http://mud-builder.garage.maemo.org/).  What is the status of
that?

In my repository (http://www.cobb.uk.net/770/) I have a number of debs which I
have minimally ported from current Debian (Etch), because I needed them for
something.

Most are either unchanged or minimally changed.  The most common change has
been to change debian/compat from 5 to 4 (they still seem to build OK!).  In
some cases some minor changes have been necessary to either the dependencies
or the build dependencies.  Occasionally I have had to comment out part of a
build (mostly regression tests which I find often depend on more things than
are listed in the build dependencies).

Some of them don't want to build completely cleanly (i.e. just with
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc) -- often needing -d or -nc or both (I don't
understand the number of packages that cannot run their "clean" step without
error when invoked in a directory created from apt-get sources with no
changes!).

However, I have (obviously) succeeded in building the ones I list.  It would
be great if there was a convenient way to make those available to the
community (i.e. not dependent on people having to add my repo and many others
like it) and, very importantly, some way to have them rebuilt (preferably
automatically, or at least when required).  For example, the opensync ones
need rebuilding fairly frequently as opensync is a work in progress.

If I understand correctly, those were exactly the goals of mud-builder.  What
is the status?  Is it open for use?  Is there any point in trying to move the
packages I have built to mud-builder?

Graham