2007/1/11, Janne Kataja <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Michel Salim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The developer rootfs and the repositories configured with its
> /etc/apt/sources.list do not have pkg-config; if I follow the
> recommended steps of doing 'fakeroot apt-get -f install', all the
> development packages that depend on pkg-config gets scheduled for
> removal.
pkg-config is provided by scratchbox devkits.
The maemo 3.0 installer script will automatically fullfill these
dependencies by creating and installing empty 'virtual' packages.
Scratchbox dpkg-buildpackage is patched to take the installed tools into
account.

Ah. How about those of us doing manual installs, though? The installer
script, the last time I used it, had a bug: if my Scratchbox is
installed in an alternate location, when the installer script calls
the binary installer it forgot to pass the custom path.

Thanks,

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
               -- Christopher Morley