On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 11:57 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
> I have no information about what version of GTK is used on the newer
> model,

Maemo 3.0 uses "GTK+ 2.6.10-2osso27", which of course is *heavily*
patched.

> but I hope the meme of "GTK and cairo are too slow for
> embedded" will die soon. We in the cairo community have been working
> hard to make a lot of improvements during the cairo 1.3.x snapshots,
> (and particularly performance improvements for machines without
> hardware floating-point units).

The week before Christmas I put the latest Cairo/Pango/GTK+ on a Zaurus,
and was blown away by the improvements.  I never got around to
benchmarking it but visually the original GTK+ 2.8 release was painful,
this is actually usable.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]