Hello All,

After reading quite a number of applications posted and in order to add some
diversity here, I decided to actually post a *recommendation* here :)

I hope that Mans Rullgard can be considered for inclusion into the list of
the developers eligible for getting discount code. He is a maintainer of many
parts of ffmpeg and is quite an active contributor (see MAINTAINERS file [1]
from ffmpeg distribution and ffmpeg SVN changelog [2], he is mentioned
as "mru" there). But more importantly, he has already contributed to maemo
by implementing ARMv5TE optimized idct code [3], which improves performance
of MPlayer and most likely also built-in player (ffdec_mpegvideo element from
Nokia 770 gstreamer stack). The part "Local playback of MPEG video improved"
from the second OS2006 release notes [4] probably mentions this particular
improvement.

I'm just worried that he could get out of the sight of those who are
responsible for
selection of eligible developers for this program. Having some core ffmpeg
developers (or at least one of them) as developer device program participants
can have a very positive effect on multimedia support capabilities of Nokia
770/800
or any future maemo devices (both in performance and in the number of properly
supported codecs and video formats). And N800 device is interesting for video
decoding optimizations as it supports ARMv6 SIMD instructions, so it got some
potential here.

[1] http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/MAINTAINERS?view=markup
[2] http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/?view=log
[3] http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/libavcodec/armv4l/simple_idct_armv5te.S