hilarious review, i even chuckled here and there. although you should
know that (i'm just guessing) some of the stuff you mentioned will
never be like newton.

the unmovable "notification" on top right bothers me a lot too.
especially when i'm just connected to the net and want to unmute sound
/ get brightness, etc.

also, the email app is really the worst-ever app on the maemo, there
are people working on "tinymail", a better and much faster mail
agent/framework. see http://tinymail.org/

about the "global" statusbar on top: i think the reason it being
fixed-size is about 770's shortcomings (cpu-wise) and all. with the
n800's faster cpu, (although cosmetic) they might fix it.

btw you seem to have a lot of experience and opinions on UI. one day
if you ever install maemopad+ (it currently doesn't install unless you
force it, broken dependencies, I will fix it some day, probably the
day I get my n800) please please please write me a few notes and
advise about the UI.

best regards,
kemal