Just check but seems scratchbox is only a crose-complier toolchain?

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Diego Escalante [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 9:57 PM
To: Zhou Rui (Nokia-NET/Hangzhou)
Cc: maemo-developers@maemo.org
Subject: Re: [maemo-developers] Newcommer question(emulator/major
work/discount)

> Hi there,
>
> Know maemo project for several months and start to do sth for it(or
> learn sth from it) now
>
> Well,"The first thing you can do is to download and start using the
> maemo development platform"
>
> But before that anyone can tell me something about  maemo briefly:
>
> 1.has Emulator?(or must have N800 to test the application? No N800 at
> the
> moment)
I don't know if it's the technically correct term, but you can use the
maemo environment inside "scratchbox" that in practical terms will
result in an "emulator" of the n800/n770 env.

Read the tutorial for Bora (latest release):
http://www.maemo.org/platform/docs/howtos/Maemo_tutorial_bora.html

Greetings,

Diego