Hi,

So I wonder what I've been smoking... Writing "fixed" in the subject when the
problem just changed to another one... Must be sleep deprivation ;)

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 01:16:34 +0000, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
[...]
>> However, the file manager will detect my test zip file as being
>> "application/zip" (tested by long-clicking on zip file and choosing
>> "Details").
>
> When I click on it, it will give "Unable to open".

So the problem moved to the desktop file, which is:

[sbox-ARMEL: ~/source/zip-unzip/unzip-5.52/debian] > cat unzip.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Uncompress zip files
Icon=unzip
Exec=/usr/bin/batch-unzip -- %f
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable
MimeType=application/zip;

Note that there is no dbus service or osso_init in batch-unzip (batch-unzip
actually is just a shell script).

This probably means that quite a few assumptions the file manager made are
broken by me, I'd think. Is there a way to call such tools in a simple way or
do I have to add another dbus service / C program / callback / ... complex
stuff?

> btw: where does the file manager get the icon for the file?

cheers,
  Danny