On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 15:24 +0200, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> ext Andrew Barr wrote:
> > It seems a lot of Debian source packages now require debhelper >= 5.
> > This is a PITA because Scratchbox only has 4.2.32 and as far as I can
> > tell building it is going to be no small task...I am failing to build
> > the dependency libmodule-build-perl.
> >
> > Is there any easy way around this or do I have to write my own Debian
> > packaging metadata? That would be a shame because it seems to me that
> > Maemo could greatly benefit from the vast array of Debian source
> > packages that are already available from your favorite FTP mirror site.
>
> I think the Sbox 1.x based N800 and N770 SDK releases have the newer
> debhelper.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ dpkg -s scratchbox-core
Package: scratchbox-core
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 164640
Maintainer: Scratchbox Developers
<scratchbox-devel@lists.scratchbox.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: scratchbox
Version: 1.0.7
Replaces: scratchbox-devicetools
Depends: scratchbox-libs (>= 1.0)
Suggests: nfs-server, python, dialog
Conffiles:
 /etc/init.d/scratchbox-core d04e769ea2bf9d2fbce2a8dfcff98d96
 Development tools.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ /scratchbox/login

Welcome to Scratchbox, the cross-compilation toolkit!

Use 'sb-menu' to change your compilation target.
See /scratchbox/doc/ for documentation.

[sbox-SDK_ARMEL: ~] > dpkg -s debhelper
Package: debhelper
 This is debhelper, a virtually generated package. Functionality of this
package
 is provided by Scratchbox.

Doesn't look like it, unless the virtual package is lying. Perhaps
that's the case?

Regards,
Andrew Barr