2007/2/8, Sampath Goud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hi,
Can somebody let me know if we can lauch Maemo UI from different logins:

Yes, it can be done, though it might require some effort. The problems
arise from the fact that the maemo initscripts and such do not ensure
their presence in /tmp is unique to the user (or in some cases like
D-Bus, unique at all).

That's why Sapwood refuses to start another instance of itself, why
D-Bus isn't able to start the session bus etc.

I've done it, but it required some mucking around in /etc changing the
configs (for example D-Bus) and/or the initscripts to make them add a
user prefix/suffix to their /tmp stuff. Unfortunately it was a while
ago and I didn't take the details down...

The other solution might be to mount a per-user tmp over the tmp which
is visible inside Scratchbox, but I'm not sure if that's possible (SB
is a web of links and mounts so it's hard to tell directly what will
happen... ;). But worth a try I guess.

--
Kalle Vahlman, [EMAIL PROTECTED]