Hi Andrew,

I came from the other side to the problem. A lot of problems one have
with unported debian application is, that one is missing keyboard
support and right mouse click and maybe the size of the screen is to
small.

With vncviewer one can overcome all this problems, as one can use nearly
all debian applications as can be tried connecting to a standard debian
PC.

One possibility is, that the Xvnc -> vncviewer setup can extend your
MUD-builder to using graphical applications. At least non GTK
applications which need a keyboard can not be used without this as far
as I understand it.

I thought about a different type of setup: Something like set up a guest
debian e. g. on the internal flash which uses an Xvnc X-server.
This guest debian would be independend from maemo and can be used for
all applications, which you need but which are not ported. But I am not
sure, how to set up.

I hope I understood MUD correctly. Please let me know, if I missed your
way to use (non gtk) graphical applications with keyboard.

Detlef