On 21/02/07, marc zonzon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
James you say you don't care about privacy because people would see
only your imap server key. You are lucky, but do you sometime store
passwords with opera? If you use an Imap server you use a MUA,
probably the default one, a robber will see also all your sent and
received mails.

That's a valid point, didn't consider that one. Are passwords easy to
extract from Opera? I gave up with the built in mail program as it's
not very good and now just use Google Mail.

My point of view is that anyone stealing my N800 isn't going to do it
to steal my data. They're just stealing a piece of shiny technology to
sell for cash. Compare it to having your mobile phone stolen.

A remote-wipe program could be useful. Something that runs on the
tablet, connects using some secure method to your computer at home,
and then sees if you've logged your device as stolen. If so, it self
destructs (either totally messing up the flash, or just enough that it
fails to boot and requires reflashing). To avoid accidental
destruction you would have to run and authorise the PC side of the
system, and do it only when your tablet gets stolen.

--
http://www.piku.org.uk - Outdoor Photos: http://www.piku.co.uk