On 2/22/07, Acadia Secure Networks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 11:25 -0700, Jeremiah Summers wrote:

               "....To configure via the web, load Opera and hit the N800
        on port 8080"

        why is opera necessary? Would it also be possible to connect
        to the N800 on port 8080 from another computer using, say
        Firefox?

Because Opera is on the N800 by default not FireFox! (sorry I normally
just listen but this was to obvious)

 Um, he's asking if he can connect to the server from another computer
(e.g. he wants to know if the server on the N800 is just listening on
localhost or not) It has nothing to do with the browser used.

But that was obvious to me. ;-)

Yes that is what I was saying but obviously opera is used because if you are
configuring it on the n800 that's your only choice right? That would be why
opera is necessary at least on the N800 and that is why it was stated.
There's no other reason why Opera would be mentioned when above he mentioned
both Firefox and Opera. Maybe the question should then be restated to can
you access the configuration from something outside the local loopback
instead of focusing on using opera or not. If that's the case Opera
wouldn't, nor shouldn't matter. So I answered the question about Opera, why
it was mentioned. In a joking way that would be the reason, would it not?