Carlos,

Chicago is no slouch when it comes to cold winters or for that matter Toronto, Buffalo, Detroit, or any of the cities on the Great Lakes of N.A. If Nokia wants to do software development 7x24x365 (and maybe they don't) they should encourage employees to stay put and spread the workload around the planet. Also if they split the workload across the hemispheres they can have some employees complaining about how cold it is while others are basking in the warm glow of summer. After all we have the Internet for communications don't we?

Companies like IBM figured this out long ago as a way to keep the software "factory" humming around the clock while saving on relocation costs.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Carlos Guerreiro escreveu:
Hi,

Another Nokia job ad ;-).

We are looking for a software engineer to join our Maemo / Internet Tablets development team.
/me wanted to be born in Finland :)

The position is indeed based in Helsinki.
However, there is no need to be _born_ in Finland (I certainly wasn't), just to
relocate here.

Nokia sponsors the work permit and supports the relocation.

Helsinki certainly has its charms even during the cold winter.
As an example, I was skiing with the family on the frozen sea today.
There were some folks driving a car on the sea. In how many other places can
you do that ;-) ?