Hi.

Im Vikas.

I got the information from Wikipedia that Nokia N800 uses Maemo3.0 in
the form of Internet Tablet OS 2007. I guess this means that
Maemo is almost a complete package with which a phone can have very
basic functionalities.

Now, the library stack of Maemo3.0 looks like this according to
Wikipedia:

Hildon-------------------------------------Topmost layer
                                 GTK+, D-Bus
                                 X Window System
                                 Debian

GNU/Linux---------------------------------Lowest layer

Now if I put the above open source components on a hardware platform (an
appropriate board with LCD display, used for development, not the
phone's board)
and then install Maemo3.0  on top of it, will I see the very basic GUI
of the mobile phone and develop further????????????
If yes, please let me know which hardware board to use for this
experimentation.

Please let me know...

Thank you,
Vikas N.R

Hav fun...
Vikas n.r

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review
at <a
href="http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html";>http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html</a>
 externally and <a
href="http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html";>http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html</a>