Hi.

I thank you all for the answers given to me.

Things are now clear.
Maemo is a development platform to develop applications for Nokia 770
and n800.

There is just one curiosity:
1)      After installing Maemo( and its library stack)  on a hardware
reference board(with an LCD display, used for development) can I use
that platform itself as an internet tablet??
                That is, Can I use internet (for browsing, mailing,
VoIP, etc) through the hardware platform with just Maemo3.0.
                In a simpler way, can maemo3.0 itself serve as a very
basic OS??

I await a reply.

Thank you all in advance,
Vikas N.R

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review
at <a
href="http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html";>http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html</a>
 externally and <a
href="http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html";>http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html</a>