> Has anybody played around with trying to get the N800 to support USB
> host mode? Yes, I know that this won't work without a modified USB hub
> to inject +5V onto the USB port.

Not the answer to question. Just like to get more info on the subject.
I've found cable with 5 pins for the 770 side and two usb-s for data and
power on the other. Powered usb hub is not hard to find. What exact file
or files should be changed by the hand to make equivalent to flasher in
enabling usb host mode?
Cannot say for 800 since I don't have it, but two gadgets look different in
a lot of details. Do I have a correct feeling that 800 cannot be powered
down at all?

                                    Zoran