Ok.. I have compiled a simple program to read RSSI now and it works using
the new driver that was inserted. Here is a new issue that I am expericeing:

Everytime I reboot, the n800 reverts to the old driver that doesn't contain
the Prism headers. Does anyone know why this happens? Can't seem to figure
out why it would revert to the old driver. Every time I reboot I have to run
the following commands again:

*move compiled cx3110.ko file to device and rmmod old driver*

rmmod /mnt/initfs/lib/modules/2.6.18-omap1/cx3110x.ko

*install your driver:*

insmod /whereeveryourdriveris/cx3110x.ko
chroot /mnt/initfs /usr/bin/wlan-cal

Am I doing something that doesn't stay permanent?

Thanks
Michael