Hi,

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 22:48:07 +0100, ext Patrick Ohly wrote:
> My problem is that after setting up a new ARM target via sb-menu and
> selecting it, "uname -a" says that my architecture is "arm", not
> "armel". "arm" is also the value of
> SBOX_UNAME_MACHINE/SBOX_DPKG_INST_ARCH in my environment and the setting
> of SBOX_CPU in the target's .config file.

There's no such cpu as armel, so uname, SBOX_CPU and SBOX_UNAME_MACHINE
are correct being arm, SBOX_DPKG_INST_ARCH being the Debian architecture
name is wrong, it should be armel (which is just a symbolic name,
encoding the cpu+abi+kernel).

> How does scratchbox determine which flavor of ARM I want to emulate?
> Where do I need to look for an installation mistake?

The target Debian architecture should get determined using the toolchain.
Did you install an EABI toolchain?

> When I create a target and install the "cputrans" devkit, then I can
> select multiple versions of qemu-arm, including versions 0.7.0, 0.8.0,
> and arm-0.8.1-sb2 and armeb-0.8.1-sb2. Which one is the right one, if
> any?

Take the -mN if there's any.

regards,
guillem