ext Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 03:24:42PM +0300, ext Marius Gedminas wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 01:05:01PM +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>> Maemo tutorial and how-to documention are in
>>> http://maemo.org/platform/docs/how-to.html. There exists API
>>> documentation as well on
>>> http://maemo.org/platform/docs/api-index.html. So the question is are
>>> they good enough, what could be improved, any bugs, two few examples
>>> or specs, wrong format, or other things that are on your way to block
>>> hacking on some area or on a particular topic? Thanks, already in
>>> advance!
>> A week ago I was unable to find documentation how to detect thumb
>> presses in Maemo 3.0.
>
> Enable extended events in your GTK application, and ensure that axis 2
> (i.e. the third axis) is set as PRESSURE (set_axis_use) or something,
> and now the PRESSURE field of every event will be valid.  OTOH, I think
> GTK might already do this for you.

I don't know why it's not part of the docs, but there's a convenience
API for the applications to use. Here's the gist of it:

#include <hildon-widgets/hildon-finger.h>

gtk_widget_set_extension_events(widget, GDK_EXTENSION_EVENTS_ALL);
g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(widget), "button-press-event",
                 G_CALLBACK(button_press_cb), NULL);

button_press_cb(GtkWidget *widget, GdkEventButton *event, gpointer data)
{
  if (hildon_button_event_is_finger(event))

Regards,
Tomas