"ext Tomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The problem is that the device does not recognize it has lost connectivity
> until it has lost WIFI signal completely. It does not launch any dbus signal
> to notify it has lost connection but the WIFI signal is so low that no data
> transmission is possible.

If no data cannot be transfered over WLAN, the WLAN driver should
disconnect the connection. If not, I would consider that as a bug and
it's a bad idea to try workaround this in userspace. In OSI model
terms, this an L2 issue and for the upper layers it should just work.

> Is it possible to configure it anyway so it disconnects (and launches the
> corresponding dbus signal) from the current IAP when WIFI signal is so low
> that data transmission becomes impossible?

Could you describe more about the situation when data transmission is
not possible but the connection is still on, please? Try to give
details as much as possible, so that I could reproduce the problem at
our lab.

--
Kalle Valo