Hello,

i just followed your guide and got problems with dbus-glib-1. Which
repository should i use to get this file. The origin repository's from
ubuntu did not contain this file. I use 6.06 LTS on a PC and 7.04 on a
laptop.

br
Mathias

2007/4/2, Lucas Rocha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hei,

2007/4/2, Kalle Vahlman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> 2007/3/29, Lucas Rocha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hi Maemo heroes,
> >
> > I wrote a step-by-step guide to have Hildon Desktop running outside
the
> > Maemo/Scratchbox environment. Our major goal here is to make it easy
for
> > distributons to package Hildon Desktop so that developers can have a
> > quick-to-setup environment for the development of plugins which
doesn't
> > need to be built against ARM such as Python plugins. For now, this
guide
> > only applies to Ubuntu (If you can point out the changes needed to
work
> > on another distribution, please let me know). This is a call for
testers
> > and brave developers to follow the guide and report the
> > missing/problematic bits.
> >
> >   http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HildonDesktopPortability
>
> Just noticed that the hildon-1 branch mentioned there doesn't exist,
> it's apparently moved to trunk/

Yes, you're right. Someone reported this a few hours ago and I fixed
the wiki page accordingly. :-)

> Also was pleasently surprised that I didn't manage to send a (quick &
> possibly dirty) patch for compiling it against stock GTK+ before it
> already did so! :)

I've commited a patch to libhildon which makes the use of Maemo GTK+
specific API optional (--with-maemo-gtk=no). Of course this has a
price: you lose some hints for the input methods on some widgets. This
problem will probably be solved with GTK+ 2.12 release.

Let me know if you find any other issues. :-)

Cheers!

--lucasr