> "ext Jeffrey Barish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Also, the N800 has an annoying habit of dropping the WiFi connection
> > because it is not detecting any taps on the screen.
>
> We don't have such functionality at all. We do have idle timer which
> disconnects the connection after a specified timeout if there's no
> traffic. But if I recall correctly, it should be disabled for WLAN by
> default

I'm seeing the same thing .. it appears to be the same timeout as the
display -- when the display switches off the x11vnc server needs a stop and
(re-)start.  WLAN setting under Connectivity is indeed shown as Indefinite.

> You must be seeing something else. What AP are you using and what are
> it's settings?

[I am using N800 out of the box with the
RX-34_2007SE_3.2007.10-7_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM update; no extras installed yet
other than osso-xterm and ooRexx.  RedPill mode enabled.]

> And what do you mean by dropping? Does UI inform that connection is
> disconnected or is the WLAN connections just "jammed", ie. no data is
> transferred?

It's the VNC client-server connection that drops, not necessarily the WLAN.

mfc