From: Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 4/10/2007 4:32 PM
To: Weston, David
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; maemo-developers@maemo.org
Subject: Re: user interface like Canola

On 4/10/07, Weston, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Gustavo,
>  Do you have a timeline for EVAS port?  Ruby/EVAS bindings on Maemo would be
> a dream come true!

We hope to get it by June, but ruby is not planed since we'll go python.

So far, you can help by hacking evas and reporting bugs on their mail
list. Rasterman, Cedric (not specifc for device) and others are fixing
some speed problems, things that didn't make much difference on
desktop but shows on device.
   So far we've found that disabling dithering when converting
32->16bpp does help (it's not possible with current cvs, but will be)
and operating directly on 16bpp helps a lot... using non-smooth scale
also speeds it.
   Rasterman is taking care of tile cache mechanism, optimizing text
effects (soft shadow/outline) and maybe more... he's insane :-P

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri