Hey;

On 4/11/07, Sean Luke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi;

On Apr 11, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Eero Tamminen wrote:

>> For the moment I'm experimenting with various floating windows for
>> various utility functions -- my drag-and-drop example on my N800
>> website, say.
>
> Do you have an URL?

> cs.gmu.edu/~sean/stuff/n800/

Aha. If it newton style clip board you are trying to copy - I think
the way to do it would be something like;

 - When copied text is dragged use an override redirect window or potentially
   even better change the cursor image to represent the copied text
(not sure if
   this is totally possible - would need some experimentation). You'll need to
   move the window yourself (no big deal).

- When this window reaches a screen edge, unmap it and the remap a dialog
  window with the following set;
      o no decorations.
      o transient for root
      o _NET_WM_ABOVE hint set . (this may not be needed)

- For pasteing / moving repeat / reverse the process. You could also
potentially handle resizing if need be.

That should hopefully do what you want and work fine with MB.

 -- Matthew