On Wednesday 25 April 2007 12:00, Santtu Lakkala wrote:
> marc zonzon wrote:
> > Nokia-N800-10:~# apt-cache show libsoup2.2
> > Package: libsoup2.2
>
> This otoh seems like self-packaged from the start. The gnutls-stuff is
> most likely dropped to get fewer dependencies (and no https support).
> This one seems to be based on a newer svn snapshot, dunno if there's
> some bugfix/new feature the gpe stuff needs.

I am very likely to have messed up the packaging!  I don't remember the
sequence of events but most likely either I wasn't aware of the maemo-hackers
version or I had to create a separate version to keep MUD happy (I am keen to
get GPE into MUD so that it is easily and quickly buildable for new OS
releases).

I don't think there is any particular reason why it is built from the latest
SVN (except that that was what I was doing for GPE).  I think I dropped tls
because I didn't need it for my original purpose and it made life simpler.

Shall we just switch to building the debian package (libsoup2.2-8 in lenny?).
Does anyone know if there are any changes required to do this?

Graham