Ola,

> I read through your tutorial
It is not my tutorial...i think it was written by [EMAIL PROTECTED] ...thank
him ;)

> First, I have been unable to replace the first of the 3 boot up screens. Have
> you had success
> replacing it?
No, I have just changed the default gtk theme so far. The big Nokia logo you
see on startup comes
from the file
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/qgn_indi_startup_nokia_logo.png and the
Nokia hands live at
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon/qgn_indi_nokia_hands.png ...maybe
replace them using your install.sh script (size 770x470 and you should chmod on
them as well in
the script to 666). This may not work however as these filenames also appear in
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/schemas/system/systemui/splash/%gconf.xml
(/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/system/systemui/splash/%gconf.xml makes
reference to values in this
file)...and maybe these values override the hardwired ones

> And, do you know of a way to launch an application at startup? I would like
> the unit to
> launch the image viewer at startup. Ideally, full screen.
I think maemo-launcher listens to system dbus to launch a program and as the
install.sh script sym
links to the init script /etc/rc2.d/ for maemo-launcher maybe look into hacking
this
HTH
[]'s
Ian