"ext swaroop k.s" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>   Unfortunately, the problem still remains. I think the bug suggests
> that not all visible APs will be reported (4K limit?).

That was reporters opinion but I think he is wrong. Unfortunately I
didn't get any replies to my questions so I cannot be sure.

> But, what I am experiencing is that the scan reports only 1 AP, the
> one to which N800 is connected to.

I think that's the same problem as in bug report.

> I looked at osso-wlan, it sends a ioctl request with SIOCGIWSCAN, and
> reports the results.

Look again. First osso-wlan sends SIOCSIWSCAN ioctl request, then it
waits for SIOCGIWSCAN event from netlink and only after that it will
query the results with SIOCGIWSCAN ioctl.

> But, for some reason, it just reports one AP. I even tried issuing
> SIOCSIWSCAN to initiate a scan, but the call is always returning -1.
> I'm not really sure why.

See my explanation above.

> I did not completely follow how to wait for the wireless scan event.
> Can you expand a little more on that?

The Wireless Extension events are sent through the netlink interface,
for example iwevent uses that.

> or point me in the right direction?

Grep for SIOCGIWSCAN and SIOCSIWSCAN from osso-wlan. You will figure
it out.

> But, as I mentioned earlier, if I use the provided UI (to select the
> AP), through the "Change Connection.." option, I do get more than 1
> result. So, what is the method call through the "change connection..."
> option? is it available to the public?

All WLAN scan results go through wlancond (from osso-wlan package). So
osso-wlan will provide you all the answers.

--
Kalle Valo