Joni Valtanen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi !

>> Hello,
>>
>> since now the project is revived and some work is going on, I'd like
>> raise this again. It would be nice if someone involved in this project
>> could comment this
>> http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2007-May/010280.html
>
> Next version is coming as rootfs. There is no kernel updates.

:(

>> I guess this project is not exactly top secret like regular firmwares
>> so
>> more open process would be nice.
>
> Same components are used as in n800 version, but the kernel is older
> 2.6.16. There is lot of work if n800 version of the kernel is used.

why ? afaik upstream omap tree is supporting n770 and n800 so it's
technically feasible.
If it's a matter of resources, I'm sure you'll find people here that
will be happy to help you in this task.
If it's a matter of userspace breakages, imho there should not be too
much. fwiw when running my custom 2.6.21-rc kernel, events like usb
cable plug and no wifi were the only breakages I've noticed.

Arnaud