On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 01:56:51PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2007, Mikhail Sobolev wrote:
> > Do you see other similar packages beside haf-marketing-release and
> > maemo-af-desktop-l10n?
>
>  Unfortunately, it seems there are many; I naively computed the number
>  of lines in debian/copyright of packages hosted in the
>  stage.maemo.org/maemo/projects/haf/trunk SVN and saw that many had very
>  short copyright files, or empty ones:
>      0 libglade-hildon/debian/copyright
>      0 maemo-examples/debian/copyright
>      1 gazpacho-hildon/debian/copyright
>      1 libffi4/debian/copyright
>      1 sardine-installer/debian/copyright
>      2 hildon-application-framework/debian/copyright
>      3 hello-world-app/debian/copyright
>
>  Some of the very short copyrights are among the lines of:
>     Copyright (C) 2004-2006 Nokia Corporation.
>  which clearly misses the license statement (this is
>  hildon-application-framework).
>
>  Some are:
>     Copyright: (c) 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Nokia Corporation.
>
>     hildon-home-webshortcut is licensed under the terms of the GNU LGPL v2.1
>  I think this is nearly enough; a pointed to the actual license would be
>  safer; perhaps:
>     The Debian packaging is (c) 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Nokia
>     Corporation and is licensed under the LGPL version 2.1; see
>     /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL-2.1.
>

>  If you confirm you're interested in the full list, then I can take some
>  time to categorize the packages below the SVN path
>  stage.maemo.org/maemo/projects/haf/trunk; this would take me some time
>  and might include obsolete stuff, so I'd prefer if you could confirm
>  this is needed.  Or perhaps -- if you have authorization to do so --
>  you can walk in these copyright files and fix them as you browse them?
I will be as soon as I am back to office from my vacation :)  I believe
the fact that packaging must be licensed and its licensing is separate
from the code inside was somehow overlooked.

Maybe meanwhile Marius and/or Carlos could have a look at the stuff
which is available through stage.maemo.org/maemo/projects/haf/trunk

Thanks again

--
Misha