Hi,

Since the issue came up with FBReader again
<http://groups.google.com/group/fbreader/browse_thread/thread/d94b00716de82b0a/80acca278e8b2e7c?hl=en>,
 I thought I'd repost an earlier request for clarification:

FBReader supports, among other things, HTML files. There are many books in HTML
form. However, there are also websites in HTML form, etc.

Now FBReader would like to associate with the text/html file type, but if it
does that, a user who wants to open websites will have problems.

If, on the other hand, FBReader doesn't associate with the text/html file type,
a user who wants to open books will have problems.

Hence, it would be best if the file manager / gnome vfs supported associating
"open this file with FBReader, but open that file with The Web Browser".

Every file type that is standardized (XML, ...) will have similar issues, so
there really is no way this can be left out and still be usable.

Please have a look at
<http://www.scratchpost.org/nokia-770/plotting/file-manager/> and reply here
what you think.

If possible, I'd like to hear the opinion of the maintainer of the file manager
especially.

I'd implement this myself (I did, partly, for maemo's "gnome-vfs"; but that
doesn't help much), but alas, the file manager's source is not available.

cheers,
   Danny